Third trimester (through the start of week 40) happenings:
I’ve hit my due date! Which they tell me is an arbitrary number and guesstimate but also that if I don’t deliver as we get into week 41, we’ll need to talk induction. I feel a sense of accomplishment for making it full term and I’ve been patient but now I feel as though I’m on a timeline that isn’t my baby’s or my own. We’re ready to meet him but I haven’t been in too much of a rush. Still remaining patient most days. Other days, I feel like the labor and delivery process is like a marathon I’ve trained for, a test I’ve studied for, a presentation I’ve prepared for and I’m just ready to do the dang thing already.
Lately we’ve celebrated Mother’s Day and our 7th wedding anniversary. We’ve seen baby on ultrasound again and I’ve been spending good time with my sister-in-law who is also pregnant (one week ahead of me). The pool reopened in our neighborhood and that’s felt great. Been working out at all my favorite gym classes and my gym family has been so sweet and supportive with both my pregnancy journey and my book launch!
There is a full moon tonight so maybe that energy will help little one come on out hah
If you pray, please keep us in your prayers as we begin to end one chapter and begin another. Specific prayers for wisdom, energy, strength, calmness, peace, and healthy family all around.
Read on for some likes, dislikes, and pics from the second part of my final trimester.
- Likes: Savoring all of baby’s movements. It’s a feeling unlike anything else and one I probably won’t experience again. Also, I’ve been seeing a chiropractor and have continued to feel good and remain super active in my body. My gym has helped keep me sane lots of days.
- Dislikes: Trouble sleeping and not being able to sleep on my back or belly. The tossing and turning gets very frustrating.
- What I’m looking forward to: Meeting the little guy so soon and having Pfeiffer meet him!
- What I’m not excited about: The continued waiting game if he doesn’t come early along with possibly feeling rushed into doing something.
- Things that make me nervous: See above comment as it ties into the nervousness feeling as well. Also, the amount of pain that may be coming.
Here are some pregnancy related pics. (Sharing changing body pics doesn’t come naturally to me but I feel it’s part of the process and something that should be shared.)