Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I’ve recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help me keep this site up and running! Please check out my privacy policies, disclaimers, and disclosures page for more information. Thank you for your support!
Summer is really flying by! I missed last month’s 10 on the 10th because I just couldn’t decide on my favorite places to travel. I LOVE traveling and I’ve been fortunate enough to visit a lot of places; I want to go anywhere and everywhere! We actually just got back from a trip to our family lake cabins in Minnesota and that is definitely high on my list of favorites (well, anywhere I can be with my extended family ranks high on my list). Anyways, if I end up narrowing it down, I’ll be sure to post and share.
This month’s 10 on the 10th link up with Erin over at the Perfectly Port Family is our top ten favorite books, podcasts, and shows. Here are mine (well the first ones I could think of) in no particular order.
The Geography of Bliss: One Grump’s Search for the Happiest Places in the World -This is my favorite book. I’ve read it countless times and every time I read it I gain new insight with it. He travels the world in a quest to find out which country in the happiest and why. It’s really eye-opening and makes you look at your own life and dig deep on why you are happy/unhappy and the factors that we think influence why we are the way we are and the factors that maybe you don’t think about as much. PLEASE READ THIS BOOK (and then let’s talk all about it)!
- You Are A Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life – I’ve talked about this book before but it really is a game changer. This book has sucked me in and made me feel high on life. I cannot recommend it enough. Buy it and listen to it (or read it) and get excited about your life because you really are a badass.
- In the last few years I’ve really gotten into Harlan Coben. Every book of his that I’ve read, I liked. If you’re into thrillers, check him out! A few of his books have been made into series (hello Netflix binge) and movies. Check out those trailers here.
- PostSecret – PostSecret is an ongoing community mail art project in which people mail their secrets anonymously on a homemade postcard. Some people share deep, dark secrets and others share funny ones. I just think the concept is so interesting and neat. Perfect to leave out on your coffee table and start conversations.
- Serial Podcast – I believe this was the first podcast that I listened to that was set up as episodes, all relating to one story/plot. It’s laid out like a true crime TV series and boy did it suck me in. If you’ve never experienced what it’s like to binge listen to a podcast, start here. (Click on the image below to listen or learn more.) Oh and I liked season 1 much better than season 2. That brings me to my next favorite…
- S-Town Podcast – S-Town podcast is from the creators of Serial and it is just as addicting as season 1 was for me. You think it’s going in one direction and then it just goes off the rails again and again. (Click on the image below to listen or learn more.)
- My Natural Beet Podcast – So I’ve got to give a shout out to one of my besties for starting her own podcast. Alexandra, better known as Cookie, is a world traveling, yoga teaching, wellness coaching lawyer and all around positive, awesome chic with a contagious laugh! These are her words regarding the podcast: To sum it up this podcast is a vehicle to share my passion for learning, adventure, wellbeing, personal growth and encompasses the following: This podcast inspires and encourages exploration of the world and of our minds, bodies, and spirits. Celebrating and connecting strong, confident individuals full of moxie from around the world one conversation at a time. Stories are exchanged, laughs are shared, and the contagious juju exudes. A vast array of topics are touched upon including but not limited to: exploration of the world, fully embodying, embracing, and accepting our individual quirks, finding the pearl in personal struggles, and every day practices that contribute to being our most vibrant, healthiest and happiest selves. (Click on the image below to listen or learn more.)
- Intervention – I’ve been hooked on this show forrrrevvverrr. I am just so intrigued and fascinated by why people get hooked on hardcore drugs or alcohol and then watching them overcome these demons. Not sure what all that says about me. Maybe just that I should’ve been a psychologist? Who knows.
- Gilmore Girls – My mom and I recently rewatched the entire series so we could watch the newest season that came out (A Year in the Life). It’s such a great show, especially if you have a fun, close relationship with your mom like I do. The banter between them is so good. And if anyone has seen A Year in the Life, do you think there’s a chance for ANOTHER season?? Seemed like a bit of a cliffhanger to us. Fingers crossed!
- Shameless (debated picking Game of Thrones, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, or Younger since I do enjoy some good TV but went with this) – So I just discovered this show last year, binge watched it, and now can’t wait for season 9 (coming September 9th, wahoo). It’s a comedy in which William H. Macy plays a single father of six who spends most of his time drinking at bars and basically his children are all left to fend for themselves. It sounds sad and depressing but it’s not. The cast is awesome and you just never know what the heck this crazy family is going to get into next.
This was hard to narrow down! So again, these were just the first ones that came to mind. I’ll add a corrections blog post if I think of others 🙂 Always open to hearing other’s favorites and adding them to my reading and listening list so please let me know yours!