Halfway through September? How is this possible?
This week’s (and the weeks I missed leading up to this one) favorites include:
- Favorite Music: Live James Blunt and Ed Sheeran
- Favorite music of course is the concert my mom and I recently went to. I honestly had forgotten how much I loved James Blunt’s voice. He opened but could’ve easily been a headliner. I knew how talented Ed Sheeran was going into the show but had no idea it was just him on stage. He has a looping machine and just continues to switch guitars and jam out alone on stage (with the encouragement of the audience). Here’s a pic Ed Sheeran took and posted to his Instagram.
- Favorite Activity: Goal setting
- A new month means new opportunities and new goals to set and conquer. Goal setting is so important in knowing where you’re going and how you’re going to get there along with how far you’ve come and rewarding yourself along the way. If I can combine setting goals with my love for office supplies then I’m always in. Here’s a nice reminder on some new office supplies my sister-in-law got me for my birthday. It’s important 🙂
- Favorite Subscription Service: AmazonSmile
- OK, so not too long ago I posted about obsessing over Amazon Prime. Well just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, it did. Have you heard of AmazonSmile?? I recently discovered it. It works the same as your ordinary Amazon or Amazon Prime account however Amazon will donate a portion of every qualified sale to the charity of your choice. Just make sure to go to smile.amazon.com to start your shopping, then you’ll automatically be in the right portal.
- Favorite Beauty Item: Natural Deodorant
- Yep, this is a full hippie move but I made my own deodorant (recipe pictured below). There are conflicting reports on whether aluminum based products and parabens (regular antiperspirants and deodorants are also loaded with other chemicals) are linked to breast cancer and Alzheimer’s, however, if there’s even a chance that they may be linked and there’s such an easy fix, why not go for the solution that is natural and you know for sure won’t cause any types of diseases? By the way, the E.U. banned parabens in 2012 due to health risks, but it’s not surprising that the U.S. is behind in this health arena. Call me a hippie if you want, it’s a no-brainer to me (and I don’t take being called a hippie a negative thing like many would imply it). Find a bunch of different recipes here.
What are YOU loving?